By Mary Sayad
2) Blessed Sacrament: Our Lady opened her hands and flooded the children in light. They fell to their knees, repeating: "Most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament."
3) Heaven: "I come down from heaven." Our Lady promised that the children to whom she appeared would go to heaven, but one of them would have to pray many Rosaries. "first."
4) Purgatory: She is in purgatory..."(In reference to a friend, Amelia, who had recently died.)
5) Rosary: "Pray the Rosary every day to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war." (In July:) "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell; lead all souls to heaven, especially those most need of Thy mercy."
6) Immaculate Heart: "My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God."
7) Sacrifices: "Make sacrifices for sinners and say often, especially while making a sacrifice: "O Jesus, this is for love of Thee, for the conversion of sinners and in reparation for sins committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary."
8) Hell: "You have seen hell, where the souls of poor sinners go. It is to save them that God wants to establish in the world devotion to my Immaculate Heart. If you do what I tell you, many souls will be saved, and there will be peace." Before Our Lady spoke these words, she opened her hands, as Lucia says in her Memoirs, and "we saw a sea of fire. Plunged in this flame were devils and souls that looked like transparent embers; others were black or bronze, and in human form; these were suspended in flames..."
9) Five Warnings: "If my requests are not heeded, Russia will spread her errors throughout the world, provoking wars and persecutions of the Church; the good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, and various entire nations will be annihilated."
10) Peace: "If my requests are fulfilled, Russia will be converted and there will be peace....Finally, my Immaculate Heart will triumph...an era of peace will be granted to mankind."
11) Prayer: "Pray, pray a great deal and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because they have no one to pray and make sacrifices for them."
12) Amendment of Life: "I have come to ask the faithful to amend their lives and ask pardon for their sins. They must cease offending God, who is already too much offended!"
13) St. Joseph: The only saint who appears at Fatima besides Our Lady. St. Joseph held the Child Jesus in his arms and blessed the people.
14) Scapular of Mount Carmel: In the final vision, on October 13, 1917, Our Lady appeared in the Carmelite habit wearing the Brown Scapular, highlighting the importance of this sacramental.
15) First Saturday Devotion: "I promise to assist at the hour of death, with all the graces necessary for salvation, to all who on the first Saturday of five consecutive months: (1) Confess, (2) Receive Holy Communion, (3) Pray five decades of the Rosary, and (4) Keep me company for fifteen minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary, all with the intention of making reparation to my Immaculate Heart."
16) War: "War is a punishment of sin."
17) Fashions: "Certain fashions will be introduced that will offend Our Lord very much."
18) Matrimony: "Many marriages are not good, they do not please Our Lord and are not of God."
19) Priests: "Priests must pure, very pure. They should not busy themselves with anything except what concerns the Church and souls. The disobedience of priests to their superiors and to the Holy Father is very displeasing to Our Lord."
20) Sixth Commandment: "More souls go to hell because of sins of impurity than for any other reason."
All of the above excerpts were taken from the World Apostolate of Fatima and printed with ecclesiastical permission.
Your companion in prayer,